Smaller is Better
We know that smaller is better for people with dementia. Our small cottage homes have 12 private rooms per cottage and offer a full range of
personal care services designed to meet the needs of people with dementia.
Locally owned and Operated
Our founder is also our administrator. John B. Merz built Memory Haven, in part, to serve the needs of his wife as she battled Alzheimer’s
before passing away in 2014. Caring for those with dementia is core to our mission and is deeply personal. Our entire team is committed to
offering the highest quality services possible to our residents and their families.
We Hire the Best
Our entire team is committed to offering the highest quality services possible to our residents and their families. This is possible only by hiring
the best employees who share our calling to serve and our commitment to compassion, respect and service. We are guests serving our
residents in their home. We welcome applicants who are empowered by our mission to join our team.
Universal Worker Positions
Memory Haven emphasizes person-centered care. We embrace a household model and its reliance on workers who can successfully function in
different roles, pitch in where needed and deliver on residents’ individual needs and preferences. A team of universal workers often provides
faster service, because each team member can equally support the resident, regardless of the need, whether it is personal care, activity
assistance, laundry, food preparation, or housekeeping. All employees at Memory Haven are universal workers.
· We are a tobacco- and drug-free community. We do not employ individuals with nicotine or drugs in their system.
· Professional attire in non-institutional clothing, appropriate for working with seniors, is expected.
· Certain education and training are required to be employed in Assisted Living. Ask for additional information if you are new to providing
care or in doubt.
· All universal worker shifts are on a four-on, two-off schedule.
· Call us or click on the link here to view and download our application.
Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to embrace the lives of our residents with the utmost support and
compassion, providing the kind of care we would provide our own family. We
accomplish this mission by providing CARE:
· Compassion with the highest quality of care for our residents at all stages
of dementia, in a gentle, loving, home-style environment
· Advocacy and protection for resident rights, their dignity and self-worth
· Respect for residents, families and staff members by communicating both
fully and openly, and recognizing that,
· Education every day; informing and training staff members, families and
communities affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related
Our vision is to dignify people with dementia in a home-like atmosphere and
bring them the best quality of life. Our memory care cottages and dedicated
caregivers make Memory Haven truly unique in our region. We’re proud of what
we’ve built and the care we provide our residents.